Welcome to SEARCHLIGHT by On Call International
Global Travel, Health and Safety Gateway for Employees of UW and ITECH
University of Washington and ITECH are partnered with On Call to provide you with access to immediate support should you experience any challenges when you are traveling. They want to make sure you have an experienced resource to help navigate you through any crisis and making sure you can continue your travels or get home safely.
In order to best prepare for international travel, complete the following actions:
1. If you have not received a temporary password via email, REGISTER and complete your traveler profile.
2. If you have received a temporary password, login to complete your profile and update your password.
3. Forward any booking confirmation or itinerary for air tickets or accommodations to email@example.com
4. Login to access the membership card; enter On Call as a contact in the phone you will use abroad. You can also visit the website from your smartphone and download the pdf or simply print and carry it.
5. Register for the US Department of State STEP program.
Upon On Call’s receipt of an emailed itinerary, you will be emailed a Destination Guide for all countries you are visiting. You will also receive any new travel alerts that are issued prior to or during your travel.
A few other recommendations before you go…
Review Information about how to utilize your Membership
On Call is available 24 hours a day to assist you with any health or safety obstacles you face while traveling, no matter how small it may seem.
Leave Important Info with your Emergency Contacts or Upload them to your Profile
A copy of your On Call Membership Card, your primary medical insurance card, your passport and any prescriptions may all be helpful in an emergency.
Research your Destination
Login to find health, safety and transportation information using the Destination Guides tab.
If you would like to speak with a University of Washington employee about your travels or have questions or concerns about this service, please contact the Global Emergency Manager in the Office of Global Affairs at 206.616.7927 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if this is an urgent issue and you are traveling overseas you may call the 24/7 University of Washington International Travel Emergency Hotline at +1.206.632.0153 (Collect Calls Accepted)